Free Shipping Day is Friday, December 16 this year.
In 2015 Free Shipping Day pulled in over $845 million in ecommerce sales with nearly 1,000 participating stores. The event continues to be a media favorite, with mentions in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post and other highly-visible outlets, including broadcast giants ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX.
Several of our merchants are participating in Free Shipping Day this year! Some even have special deals for customers and we have them all ready for you to promote! Click on a merchant below to join or find out more about their affiliate program.
Founded in 2014, Few Moda is a New York City-based brand with two brands to promote called Few Moda and MADISONNE (coming soon).
Few Moda is a sophisticated sleek effortless contemporary style with distinctive details to provide the modern woman with a latest fashion for every aspect of her life. With accessories for the ultra modern trend setting women that wants to define her own style.
Coming soon-> MADISONNE is a style that boast a sexy chic look. Good for every day wear but translates into a classy sexy for evening. With a slightly lower price point this new apparel line is sure to be a hit with your visitors!
Few Moda may be a newer site but they are a fast growing online retailer of women’s clothing and accessories. They offer chic, high quality clothes with excellent designs from branded and emerging designers, which no one can match at our price point!
You’ll find all the program details here.
Tanya Smith is managing the program; feel free to reach out with any of your questions.
JOIN THE FEW MODA AFFILIATE PROGRAM AT SHAREASALE:
- If you have already joined the ShareASale network, simply log in and add Few Moda to your existing account.
- If you are not in the ShareASale network, you can sign up through the Few Moda application.
Rakuten Switches Platforms
Affiliates using PopShops for their sites have been fighting what turns out to be a losing battle over the ShopBuilder platform. For months now, there have been complaints about display issues and the response has been minimal. The word was that ShopBuilder depended on an old “platform” and something new and better was in the works.
In the meantime, existing shops were missing products, images, and feed updates. The dashboard was getting more and more frustrating as affiliates tried cleaning up their pages. And the complaints were mounting.
Curate Introduced As The Cure
Curate has been on the scene for months and a network or two have signed up and promoted it as a great new shop building tool. But when Rakuten added it to PopShops, in beta, and asked affiliates to start using it, there was a problem. The new platform wasn’t ready for Prime Time either, much less a sparkly holiday shopping season.
So for some time now, Rakuten has continued to recommend Curate. Several affiliates have struggled to make it work, and relayed their feedback to no avail. The frustration mounted until a Facebook group was formed by affiliates to share ShopBuilder and Curate problems as the rush to Q4 began. The posts in the Facebook group indicate a total lack of support for ShopBuilder problems and a blind spot about problems with Curate. The tension builds.
Rakuten Announces End Date for ShopBuilder
About a week ago, PopShop users received notice that ShopBuilder was going to be shut down at the end of Q1. The replacement named was Curate, and a webinar was scheduled to show affiliates how to build Holiday showcases. Now there’s a bigger problem. It’s obvious that ShopBuilder support is no more and page issues that are about to ruin Christmas will not be fixed.
Curate is still in beta.
Affiliates Rally To Share Info and Questions for Rakuten
In the Facebook group, affiliates started sharing questions they wanted to ask during the webinar so that everyone could try and salvage their Holiday pages. The long-term goal of course was to figure out how to change hundreds, if not thousands, of pages over before the end of Q1 when the replacement tool wasn’t ready yet.
Other tool options were suggested. ShareASale Make-a-page, GoldenCan, Datafeedr, and others were mentioned so the group could discuss pros and cons.
The scheduled date for the Webinar came. And went. After a half dozen reminders in my email, I got one cancelling the session and another saying it was postponed. The reason? They wanted to demo setting up a shop and they couldn’t get it to work.
What’s The Solution?
Affiliates: will you switch your pages to a different tool? Have you found the right one yet? Will you change the page structure to something else entirely? Have you worked with datafeeds on your own without going through a 3rd party vendor like PopShops? All these questions have no business being needed in October! Everyone in the industry knows that Q4 is when you make your year if your site is consumer oriented. This is no time to have to rebuild pages, especially if you have to seek out and buy a new tool. Feel free to share your ideas or your needs in the comments; maybe we can figure this out together.
I’m happy to announce that TenseWatch.com is back on my list of awesome clients! Just in time for holiday gifting, too!
The TenseWatch.com Affiliate Program is available on AvantLink network – join now and take advantage of the high order values and great conversion! Details on the program are here.
This is the original wooden watch company (since 1971). The beauty and natural look of wooden watches means collectors and nature lovers are going to be your target. They love TenseWatch!
From their site:
Tense Watches designs high quality wooden watches. They are made from 100% recycled or reclaimed wood, and are powered by Miyota Watch Movements from Japan. Each watch is manufactured by hand in our workshop in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Our products are designed and built around our core beliefs in quality and craftsmanship. In 1957, Ken P. Lau started his profession as a clock designer. He pioneered experimentation with natural components, such as wood and stone. In 1968, Ken moved his focus to wristwatches, and in 1971 Tense Wooden Watches was founded. Even now, Ken brings his almost 50 years of experience as a crafter of timepieces to the workshop everyday.
JOIN NOW AT AVANTLINK
- If you have already joined AvantLink, simply log in and add TenseWatch to your existing account.
- If you are not in the AvantLink Affiliate Network, you can sign up through AvantLink.com
Contact Affiliate Manager Randy Norton with any questions.
Top 10 Attributes of a Successful Affiliate Manager
Want to know the top 10 characteristics or skills you need to look for when hiring your next (or first) Affiliate Manager?
Before I proceed you need to know affiliate management is about “relationships, relationships, relationships”. An effective affiliate manager needs to build strong positive relationships in order to recruit and retain the affiliates that are going to help make a difference in your affiliate program. It’s so important that actually the first 5 points in the list are relationship based.
- Friendly Disposition – In order to really establish a strong relationship with not only fellow team members but affiliates as well, the individual needs to be someone that has a friendly disposition and easy to talk to.
- Polished written and oral skills – In building a strong relationship with any affiliate, or anybody for that matter, the individual must be able to both listen effectively and respond intellectually.
- Able to work within a team environment effectively – The individual has to be a team player and be able to thrive within your corporate environment.
- Punctual response time – Super important. Not responding quickly is telling that affiliate that their time and effort is not important to them and you will lose them.
- Retail or ecommerce experience – The manager needs to be able to read a situation, decide what the issue (or opportunity is) and then develop ideas to move forward.
- Work ethic and organizational skills – Strong work ethic and ability to manage one’s projects wisely is essential when dealing with a vast portfolio of differing affiliates, multiple company projects and other various tasks.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytic skills – The ability to scan over a sheet of numbers and pick underperformers, over performers, anomalies, etc is both a learned and genetic attribute that the individual needs to have in their skill set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of affiliate marketing techniques – It’s imperative the individual is familiar with the phrases and terminology of affiliate marketing and the different techniques used by successful affiliates.
- Hands on experience with various Affiliate Marketing platforms –Yes it’s important to know how to upload banners, accept affiliates, create newsletters etc within any of the major networks but they are built quite similar so please don’t make this a make or break point when hiring an affiliate manager.
- Business or Economics Degree – I’ve seen just as many without a degree excel in time management and business “smarts” as those that have one and vice versa.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article and I hope it helps you to narrow down the next candidate to fill your affiliate marketing needs.
Hope you’re having a great day,
New Client Announcement: FSJ Shoes in ShareASale
I just love shoes and shoe shopping, especially all the really cool heels and high fashion shoes. Which is why I am so excited to tell you about our new client FSJ Shoes. FSJ has been in the shoe industry since 1998, crafting quality women’s shoes. They even offer customization services: you can change the heel size or the materials used to have a “one of a kind” shoe. This is perfect for weddings when the bridal party has to match!
FSJ offers quality women’s shoes at reasonable prices so you can earn a healthy commission on all sales. Sites that will be a great fit with FSJ Shoes are : Fashion, Wedding, and special event.
Grab more information here regarding the FSJ Shoesaffiliate program.
- JOIN NOW AT SHAREASALE
- If you have already joined the ShareASale network, simply log in and add FSJ Shoes to your existing account.
- If you are not in the ShareaSale network, you can sign up through the FSJ Shoes application.